Did you know you can program the PowerMic buttons to launch any custom command?
The Nuance PowerMic is heavily integrated with Dragon Medical and most of the buttons on the Nuance PowerMic can be programmed to silently launch standard Dragon commands, end-user custom commands, and shortcuts for many applications including some EHRs.
As examples, program a button to:
- Launch a personalized custom command template (e.g. Template SOAP)
- Create a digital signature image to be inserted into an electronic or paper note
- Note: PowerMic buttons should not be used to autofill user passwords. This is a HIPAA violation!
- Navigate editing fields of target application (e.g. EHR or text editor)
- Open Dragon Vocabulary Editor
- Open Dragon Command Browser
- Open Desktop Shortcuts
Depending on your EHR implementation, we may be able to use the buttons to improve your EHR navigation workflow.